Saturday, March 22, 2014

Affordable Care Health Insurance

Today I went to the session RBC held in the library to inform me on affordable insurance. I currently have NO health insurance and went hoping to find some. I went in to speak to a representative named carina. She was so nice and helpful. We set up an account and went through all the stupid questions to find out I was NOT eligible! I was furious, I was recently taken off of my mother's Medicaid, due to the fact I "turned 18". Today when I told carina that she lead me to reading a statement online that said "People who are in the foster care system are to remain on Medicaid until the age 26". I now have gathered that information to take to my social worker sometime this week to try to get my insurance back. Having to go a few months without coverage has really been hard, knowing im sick and not able to afford a doctors visit is not fun. I hope this all works out and I can get covered again and take that stress off my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment